Friday, March 17, 2006
Book review: The heart of a Leader, By Ken Blanchard
This book is full of quotes about being “business smart to become an effective leader and manager”. Here are some of my favourite quotes from the book:
· The key to developing people is to catch them doing something right.
· No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.
· None of us is as smart as all of us.
· Success is not forever and failure isn’t fatal.
· When you stop learning, you stop growing.
· Anything worth doing does not have to be done perfectly – at first.
· If you want to know why your people are not performing well, step up to the mirror and take a peek.
· Love is being able to say you’re sorry.
· Life is what happens to you while you’re planning on doing something else.
· Without vision the people perish.
· Your game is only as good as your practice.
· Inquire within.
· Choose work you love and you will never have to work a day in your life.
· There is not pillow as soft as a clear conscience.
· Positive thinkers get positive results because they are not afraid of problems.
· Knowing where you’re going is the first step to getting there.
book review The heart of a leader American University of Sharjah